Early Level Children’s Rights Drama Workshops 2018
|Available||Mon 19th Feb (p.m only) , Thurs 22nd Feb, Tues 27th Feb, Thurs 1st Mar, Thurs 22nd Mar, Tues 27th Mar and Thurs 29th Mar|
|Workshop size||One class at a time (approx. 22 pupils)|
|Suitable for||Early Level Pupils|
|Workshop Length||Early Level workshops will last 60 minutes each|
|Cost||Morning Package (Two workshops in the morning)
• Early Level: £160
One Day Package (Two workshops in the morning, one in the afternoon)
• Early Level: £220
Two Day Package (Four workshops across two mornings, two workshops across two afternoons)
• Early Level: £380
- To help pupils understand that all children have rights
- To teach UN CRC in an easy and accessible way through drama
- To nurture creativity and drama skills
- To develop pupils understanding of when a child’s rights have been taken away from them and to name understandable, relatable situations
- To develop pupil’s drama skills.
About the workshops
Hopscotch Theatre Company’s workshops are an opportunity for teachers and their classes to engage in an immersive rights based drama session, lasting 75 minutes and delivered by two experienced drama facilitators.
In addition to the workshops all class teachers who take part will receive a learning resource park written by Hopscotch Theatre Company.
Early Level: Eli the Elephant is very shy. So shy, in fact that she has no friends at the zoo and is left out of everyone’s games. Eli needs your help to learn how to make friends, play games and have fun. Will you help her?
Experiences and Outcomes
All of Hopscotch Theatre Company’s drama workshops are designed to complement the CfE and each session will cover experiences and outcomes from the Health and Well Being and Drama curriculum areas.
- I understand that people can feel alone and can be misunderstood and left out by others. I am learning how to give appropriate support. HWB 0-08a
- As I explore the rights to which I and others are entitled, I am able to exercise these rights appropriately and accept the responsibilities that go with them. I show respect for the rights of others. HWB 0-09a
- I use drama to explore real and imaginary situations, helping me to understand my world.EXA 0-14a
If you require any additional information, or would like to book a Children’s Rights Workshop for your school please get in touch with the Hopscotch Office on 0141 440 2025 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org