First Level Children’s Rights Drama Workshops 2018
|Additional Dates to be added, contact Hopscotch today for more info!|
|Workshop size||One class at a time (approx. 30 pupils)|
|Suitable for||First Level pupils|
|Workshop length||Each workshop will last 75 minutes|
|Cost||Morning Package (Two workshops in the morning)
One Day Package (Two workshops in the morning, one in the afternoon)
Two Day Package (Four workshops across two mornings, two workshops across two afternoons)
- To help pupils understand that all children have rights
- To teach UN CRC in an easy and accessible way through drama
- To nurture creativity and drama skills
- To develop pupils understanding of when a child’s rights have been taken away from them and to name understandable, relatable situations
- To develop pupil’s drama skills.
About the workshops
Hopscotch Theatre Company’s workshops are an opportunity for teachers and their classes to engage in an immersive rights based drama session, lasting 75 minutes and delivered by two experienced drama facilitators.
In addition to the workshops all class teachers who take part will receive a learning resource park written by Hopscotch Theatre Company.
First Level: Living in a Toy Factory might sound like fun, but it isn’t. Not at all. Just ask Rupert the Bear- he has to work all day in the factory with no time for rest, play or even going to school. Rupert and all of the other toys need your help to get their right’s back… Will you help them?
Experiences and Outcomes
All of Hopscotch Theatre Company’s drama workshops are designed to complement the CfE and each session will cover experiences and outcomes from the Health and Well Being and Drama curriculum areas.
- I know that friendship, caring, sharing, fairness, equality and love are important in building positive relationships. As I develop and value relationships, I care and show respect for myself and others. HWB 1-05a
- As I explore the rights to which others and I are entitled, I am able to exercise these rights appropriately and accept the responsibilities that go with them. I show respect for the rights of others. HWB 1-09a
- Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through drama. EXA 1-13a
If you require any additional information, or would like to book a Children’s Rights Workshop for your school please get in touch with the Hopscotch Office on 0141 440 2025 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org