Second Level Children’s Rights Drama Workshops 2018
|Available||Additional Dates to be added, contact Hopscotch today for more info!|
|Workshop size||One class at a time (approx. 30 pupils)|
|Suitable for||Second Level pupils|
|Workshop Length||Each workshop will last 75 minutes|
|Packages available||Morning Package (Two workshops in the morning)
One Day Package (Two workshops in the morning, one in the afternoon)
Two Day Package (Four workshops across two mornings, two workshops across two afternoons)
Call us on 0141 440 2025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and cost.
- To help pupils understand that all children have rights
- To teach UN CRC in an easy and accessible way through drama
- To nurture creativity and drama skills
- To develop pupils understanding of when a child’s rights have been taken away from them and to name understandable, relatable situations
- To develop pupil’s drama skills.
About the workshops
Hopscotch Theatre Company’s workshops are an opportunity for teachers and their classes to engage in an immersive rights based drama session, lasting 75 minutes and delivered by two experienced drama facilitators.
In addition to the workshops all class teachers who take part will receive a learning resource park written by Hopscotch Theatre Company.
Second Level: Welcome to “Whose Right is it Anyway?!” The brand new Quiz Show brought to you by Hopscotch Productions. Does your team have what it takes to become the Ultimate Right’s Experts? Join us on today’s show to find out…
Experiences and Outcomes
All of Hopscotch Theatre Company’s drama workshops are designed to complement the CfE and each session will cover experiences and outcomes from the Health and Well Being and Drama curriculum areas.
- As I explore the rights to which I and others are entitled, I am able to exercise these rights appropriately and accept the responsibilities that go with them. I show respect for the rights of others. HWB 2-09a
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations/performances EXA 2-01a
- I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere. EXA 2-14a
If you require any additional information, or would like to book a Children’s Rights Workshop for your school please get in touch with the Hopscotch Office on 0141 440 2025 or by emailing email@example.com