Heads and Tales
Celebrate the joy in numeracy and mathematics with ‘Heads and Tales’
|Touring||April – June 2018|
|Suitability||Early and First Level|
|Join Jack and Ada’s adventure into the world of singing coins and counting routines!
Meet the Glamorous 20p from the roaring nineteen twenties; the 50p Kid, who has lassoed his way from the Wild Wild West and don’t forget there’s the Silver-slick 5p coin, who just loves to high-five!
These coins just can’t stop getting into mischief and singing their way out of mathematical problems! Help Jack and Ada solve everyday money scenarios and brush up on your numeracy skills in an interactive way!
Information for school
Before Hopscotch visit your school with their exciting new productions ‘Heads and Tales’, you’ll be sent the 10p coin song ‘TOP TEN’ to learn in advance with your pupils and join in with on the day! This is a great way to build excitement about the show and introduce the numeracy & mathematics topic in a fun way!
After the show very school will be sent a link to the ‘Heads and Tales’ Education Pack. This is a fantastic resource for teachers to nurture numeracy skills with creative learning! This will be a simple and creative guide to build into numeracy and mathematics sessions and teachers can pick and choose what activities may work best for their class.
Learning themes and Curriculum for Excellence Links
Hopscotch’s ‘Heads and Tales’ will cover many Numeracy & Mathematical Experiences & Outcomes as well as Expressive Arts. The characters in the show develop their numeracy skills alongside the pupils, in a supportive and creative experience.
Teachers will find man links to the curriculum for excellence in ‘Heads and Tales’. Here are a few core links that ‘Heads and Tales’ will demonstrate:
- I am developing a sense of size and amount by observing, exploring, using and communicating with others about things in the world around me. MNU 0-01a
- I have explored numbers, understanding that they represent quantities, and I can use them to count, create sequences and describe order. MNU 0-02a
- I have investigated how different combinations of coins and notes can be used to pay for goods or be given in change. MNU 1-09b
- I am developing my awareness of how money is used and can recognise and use a range of coins. MNU 0-09a
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations/performances. EXA 0-01a / EXA 1-01a
- I enjoy creating, choosing and accepting roles, using movement, expression and voice. EXA 1-12a
With thanks to The Educational Institute of Scotland for their support towards touring around Scotland.